JS-Kit/Echo comments for article at http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2008/04/quote-of-day.html (15 comments)

  Tentative mapping of comments to original article, corrections solicited.

jsid-1207172307-590226  DJ at Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:38:27 +0000

I stated several times, right here in Kevin's parlor, that she is fundamentally dishonest from the ground up. We keep on seeing more and more evidence of it.

She is after ONE THING, namely to wield as much power as possible. The oval office is the biggest power trip the world has to offer, and she wantsss it, her precious, yesss she doesss.

I predict that she won't drop out of the race, that she won't leave unless and until Obamassiah gets the nomination at the convention. If McCain wins as a result, well, that's just tough shit, because to her, if she doens't win, then it doesn't matter who does.

The whole UNIVERSE is about her, ys see, and the truth just can't be allowed to interfere with that.

jsid-1207177344-590228  DJ at Wed, 02 Apr 2008 23:02:24 +0000

It appears Tam agrees with me. It's a short post, and she nails it:

"In a few months, when all the log-rolling, influence-peddling, chip-calling, glad-handing, and back-stabbing is over, and Hillary "Ms. Inevitable" Clinton still doesn't have the Democratic nomination, I'm going to have to put up with four years of the worst whining in certain circles since Ferraro followed Mondale into oblivion. The whole thing will be stone cold proof to them that the patriarchy still has the game rigged, or that American women who didn't vote for her are just too blinded by the media machine of our male overlords to select one of our own for the top job. Not for a moment will it be considered by those folks that it's because the first really serious woman contender for the Oval Office is the most divisive figure in American politics since Richard Nixon."

And possibly since before then. She's goin' for the record ...

jsid-1207191884-590237  Unix-Jedi at Thu, 03 Apr 2008 03:04:44 +0000


So who's going to win?

The Racists?


The Sexists?

The World Wonders.....

jsid-1207203435-590244  workinwifdakids at Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:17:15 +0000

(S)he was a liar. She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer.

"Is there another kind?"

jsid-1207231716-590255  Unix-Jedi at Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:08:36 +0000


Is there another kind?

Yes, but they're protected by the Endangered Species Act, and restricted to protected offices and courtrooms.

jsid-1207233907-590256  Kevin Baker at Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:45:07 +0000

C'mon, 99.9% of the lawyers make the other 0.1% look bad! Surely you aren't going to tell me you lump Alan Gura, Dave Hardy, et al. into the "lying, unethical, dishonest" camp?

jsid-1207234493-590258  DJ at Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:54:53 +0000

"C'mon, 99.9% of the lawyers make the other 0.1% look bad!"

I've had way more experience with lawyers than I ever expected or wanted to deal with, literally dozens spread over 30 years or so. Only three were scrupulously honest and conscientious to a fault, and only two of those were really competent (and they were superb). So, that 99.9% are a pretty good sample.

jsid-1207236022-590261  DJ at Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:20:22 +0000

Hillary isn't quitting, according to Dick Morris. He has a point:

"Hillary Clinton’s campaign currently owes vendors $8 million, exclusive of the $5 million she owes herself. She cannot use general election money to pay for this debt. If she begins to be anything less than certain that she will stay in up to the convention, she won’t raise any money and will be stuck with the debt. She also realizes that it is only by projecting an almost manic air of certainty that she has any chance at all of hanging onto super delegates. The first whiff they get of a withdrawal, they will all run screaming to Obama to get on the late train. Don’t think that Hillary is delusional. She knows she’s lost but she has no choice but to play the rest of the game. To fold now would leave her in an untenable situation."

That would be hard to pay off on a Senator's salary, wouldn't it?

jsid-1207252159-590276  workinwifdakids at Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:49:19 +0000

LOL! OK, in my previous post, I wrote with html brackets, so my best part was ommitted! Dang...

I said,
[Jack Nicholson voice]
"Is there another kind?"
[/Jack Nicholson voice]

Man! [walks away, pouting]

jsid-1207345520-590340  geekWithA.45 at Fri, 04 Apr 2008 21:45:20 +0000

>>That would be hard to pay off on a Senator's salary, wouldn't it?

At least RonPaul was smart enough to quit while he was ahead, and had some leftover to spend on congressional re-election. =8-0

jsid-1207378767-590358  cmblake6 at Sat, 05 Apr 2008 06:59:27 +0000

Gosh! Gee Whiz, boys and girls! How can this BE?!?!? I'll keep it light and not go off into a rage.

jsid-1207526698-590408  Tomkat at Mon, 07 Apr 2008 00:04:58 +0000

A lawyer without principals who lies? Next you'll be telling me politicians main concern will be getting re-elected.

jsid-1207710161-590524  Russell at Wed, 09 Apr 2008 03:02:41 +0000

I'm still a bit stunned that we have such piss poor presidential candidates.

McCain? Obama? Clinton?


I'm thinking I should make sure my black flag is still in the closet...

jsid-1207712622-590528  Kevin Baker at Wed, 09 Apr 2008 03:43:42 +0000

I blame publik skooling.

jsid-1208049983-590682  cmblake6 at Sun, 13 Apr 2008 01:26:23 +0000


 Note: All avatars and any images or other media embedded in comments were hosted on the JS-Kit website and have been lost; references to haloscan comments have been partially automatically remapped, but accuracy is not guaranteed and corrections are solicited.
 If you notice any problems with this page or wish to have your home page link updated, please contact John Hardin <jhardin@impsec.org>